Saturday, March 13, 2010

Block lotto blocks



So, here are ten finished blocks for the March block lotto - five lean left and five lean right. I actually have started some more of these for myself (great way to use up scraps, and I had lots of stuff out, ready, anyway).

Just for your interest, I thought I'd show what the blocks look like before and after being trimmed...



They were approximately 12" squares before I trimmed them - but as you can see, the edges aren't necessarily straight or even - it doesn't matter, really. I trimmed them to 9" (finished) for the lotto. The ones I do for myself, I might trim a little less - perhaps to 10". It will mean I can only lean them over gently, but that's ok, they will still be lovely blocks and make a nice baby quilt or lap quilt (depending on how many blocks I do). Look for more tomorrow, as I am hoping that one of my Mother's Day presents will be some sewing time!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those are fun!

Gene Black said...

Interesting. I liked the before ones, but the trimmed "leaning" ones are just awesome. Thanks for sharing that trick. I will add it to my bag!

Tomjay said...

Hi,

I am Tomjay and i would like to know if you are interested to earn advertising money by serving mobile advertisement on your web site.

Mobgold is one of the largest mobile ad networks which have been working with social network sites, content portals, iphone Apps developers or mobile operators to help them increase their revenue by serving mobile advertisement on their wap site, Apps or mobile internet channels in a very rewarding way.

If you are interested, you can sign up free at
http://affiliate.mobgold.com/ac/012d0096k48bg7

or you can also log in  
http://www.yourmobilead.com

for more information.
 
Regards,

Tomjay