Friday, April 02, 2010

Marbled silk ATCs


So, in what I hope will be the first of several days of craft-related posts over this Easter holiday, here's one of the things I did on my first day off. I also finished the red, yellow & orange log cabin blocks, but I don't seem to have a photo yet - perhaps I'll save that for a day when I don't actually do any craft-related things.

The kids (well, the two who were home) and I did a little marbling on paper with some marbling inks I had knocking around, and I also had a bit of silk that I thought would work nicely - so these are marbled silk, with some free-motion stitching and a large metal grommit. I also used a bit of ribbon at the bottom and some decorative stitching. I debated back and forth adding something else towards the bottom left of the card, but couldn't find anything I liked to balance the large metal discs, so in the end, decided to leave them fairly minimalist. These are ATCs (Artist Trading Cards - 2.5x3.5") - some of which will be sent out shortly to the ladies in my swap who have April birthdays.

No comments: