Friday, June 18, 2010

Storm at Sea Round Robin



Here's another finished Round Robin - this is Swooze's, and she'd had a bit of a stormy year, so she chose to have her quilt portray that - with the piecing representing the storminess and the embellishing, applique, etc representing coming out the other side and things improving. I think it's a lovely quilt, one of my favourites so far (though there's at least one more I've seen I like even better - a winter one). I had this one quite near the end - all of the piecing was done and the large butterfly was appliqued on. My task was to embroider something, so I added a quote and some snowflakes and flowers.



The quote is from Albert Camus and reads "In the midst of winter, I found within me an invincible summer."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely quotation to choose. It is new to me and I really like it.
Best
Joyce F

Carol said...

Hopefully Swooze will feel at peace every time she looks at the quilt. I love the quote.

mumzy said...

Love the quote and what a different project!