Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Counting Crows



These cards are for a swap I joined on ATCs for All called Counting Crows - the cards all had to feature a crow (or other black bird) and a number on them, somewhere. For these, I used playing cards as the base (easy to include the numbers that way!), added some rusted paper, a transparency of the counting crows rhyme, attached with tiny brads, some printed tape with musical notes and of course, the crow himself. Even though I only needed 4 for the swap, I had to make six because of the rhyme - couldn't make "One for sorrow" because of the whole Ace thing in a pack of cards, but anyway, who wants a card for sorrow?

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love these!

Carol said...

Very creative.

rlbates said...

Love these!

mumzy said...

What a novel idea!

Unknown said...

Super cool. Your ATC's have been very inspiring. Thanks for sharing

Amanda said...

Lovely cards, I haven't managed to use the many brads I seem to have collected yet! I thought that rhyme was for magpies.

Kate North said...

In the US, the rhyme is often used for crows, as magpies are far less common. :)