Sunday, July 17, 2011

Scrappy Checkerboards



Here's a start on the other colourway of checkerboard blocks which I mentioned yesterday - all these blocks are done with the same neutral background, but I have used 10" squares of hard-to-use multicoloured FQs or smaller. These pieces are either ones which I have been given, which came with a set where I found uses for the others but hadn't been able to use these yet, or which I bought on sale but then couldn't quite find a way to use in most of my projects. We all have pieces like that, I'm sure. I am going to continue sashing with the neutral, and then border with it all around - I might piece a back together from some of the leftovers as well (or might use another hard-to-use multicolour print!).

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to comment for my giveaway - it's interesting to see what people remember of the projects I've worked on - I'm not going to respond to all individually, but don't worry, when it comes time for the draw, you'll all be in there (unless you've asked not to be...)

1 comment:

floribunda said...

I like them! It's another great block for using up those odd bits of "why?" fabric!