Sunday, August 14, 2011

What's wrong with this photo...


Not a trick question, really - but now that I've sewn these together, I realise that I really need another row of 6 - this layout is too long and skinny. Easy enough to do - lord knows I have plenty of Hawaiian shirt fabric!



Also sewed together the little string top - can't decided if I like the random width strings or not, but it will do!

Tomorrow, the kids are at tennis camp all day, so I'm going to try to get one of the upcoming baby quilts quilted. Hopefully that will fit nicely into the other things I have to do, which include a bit of laundry (of course) and a bit of hoovering...

4 comments:

Sharon W. said...

Kate...I quite like the random strip sizes....with those plus the varied lines in the Hawaiian shirt fabrics, it has the look of a Hundertwasser piece: all those floaty canal houses, crooked and meandering.

Sarah Craig said...

I think the random strip sizes are interesting - maybe you could do some creative quilting in them? The other quilt is really cool looking too!

Lynne said...

I'm sure it's good to be able to add to a quilt and know that the fabric you need is right there!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I quite like these two quilts. I have a couple of "Hawaiian" shirts and shorts in my stash and always struggle to think what they would pair with nicely. I like the white and I think keeping Hawaiian fabrics together works in the same was that Kaffe Fassett fabrics work together.