Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Candles, pieced


Finished the piecing on the candle design - though I just noticed the bottom of the left hand candle is a little off - I will fix that next time I sew - it was the last seam, anyway, so should be easy enough to adjust.  Funny how you sometimes see things in a photo that you don't see when you jus tlook at the piece!  Then it's just a matter of removing the paper and turning it into a quilted piece. Not sure if I will just leave it as a small piece or make it into the centre of something larger. My inclination at the moment is toward the former...

edited to say: I've looked at the pattern again and there's no error in my stitching, that's just the way the bottom of the candle is on the left side. Which means I don't have to take it apart and adjust it, which is nice.

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks very pretty. I do the same think - notice the flaws in the photos!!!

Lynne said...

It's very lovely! I noticed the mistakes in my donation quilt top (today's post) when I was quilting it - too late then!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I love the candles, Kate! It would make a great part of a table runner for the holiday.

Terri said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

carole brungar said...

Love the candles Kate, very clever!