Friday, December 02, 2011

Stash reduction plans


This is a drawer of batik fabric - it's emptier than it was, but there are still way too many of them.


The middle drawer in this unit has Lonni Rossi fabrics - the problem with these fabrics, which I love, is that they don't really work that well in small pieces, so they are hard to use (perhaps a simple quilt with large blocks is called for).


And the top drawer is my collection of Japanese taupes (and similar fabrics) - these are actually fairly well under control and I'm not that worried about using them up.

What I'd like to do, though is use up either enough batiks or enough Lonni Rossi fabrics (or both) to move those collections into a smaller box and be able to use one or both drawers to store this fabric in:





This is two views of the same two piles of fabric - one from the top, one from the bottom. These are the fabrics I have larger pieces of - over a metre. Some of it is stuff I intend for backings, some of it is stuff I bought on sale, and some, well, who knows. But it's completely inconvenient on that shelf - hard to get at, hard to see what's there - and to use it I usually have to take the whole stack off the shelf, which is a pain. So I'd like to get it into a drawer... Perhaps in 2012, I will achieve that goal. I sense a flotilla of batik tops coming!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I look forward to seeing a flotilla of tops!

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

You can always send me the fabrics in drawer number three if they get in your way. Love, love love!!! :)