Monday, January 02, 2012

Bright scrappy


I promise this is not as gawpingly bright as it seems in the photo - the colours are very garish in this picture, but although they are bright in real life, it's nothing quite as in-your-face as this...

This top is made from the green enders and leaders I've been using for the past month or so, cut into either 4 or 5 inch blocks and surrounded with either yellow or orange batik fabric. A good dent maker, both in my two handfuls of small green scraps and in the two pieces of bright batik fabric, one of which is now small enough to go in my "small pieces" boxes rather than in the mid- to large-sized stack.


This is another top for the charity quilt pile - hopefully it will find its way to someone in need of something bright and cheerful.

3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

That is very bright and cheerful - I love it! Good work!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I was at Vicki's today screenprinting and got to pick some scraps from her scrappy basket. I picked out some scraps of that orangey circley fabric. I love it. Love the quilt, too!

Lynne said...

It certainly looks bright and cheerful in the photo!