Sunday, June 17, 2012

Purple Geese


This month's colour for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is purple - when I began sorting my purple scraps, I quickly decided I didn't want to mix the red purples and the blue purples, so I decided to make two separate blocks. I think this will stand me in good stead over the course of the year, as well. I'm not sure what is planned colourwise for the year, but last year, there were several months with two or more colour combos (red, white, blue; green & red) which are great for some projects, but not what I want for the geese, so I have some plans for what else to do if multi-colour months come up.  (Like two blues - light and dark.)

4 comments:

Chartreuse Moose said...

Very unique blocks...love 'em!
Thank you for a delightful blog!

Dolores said...

Smart move making red/blue an purple/blue blocks. Are they paper pieced or template?

Lynne said...

Never thought to separate my warm and cool purples - how clever of you!

ruthsplace said...

These are really stunning.