Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cross stitch update


So, this past week I worked on the chilis again. It may not look like it. In fact, comparing the photo to last week's (see below, top photo) it may actually look like I went backwards. But that's because...


when I took the piece out of the frame, look what I discovered:


Can you spot the problem? Yep, it's the wrong way around - the piece needs to run down the length of the canvas. Sigh. So, I unpicked it all (if I'd had another piece of the right size canvas at home, I probably would have just chucked it). And then I started again. So really, I've made pretty good progress!  Don't even ask how I managed to stitch it the wrong way up!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

You've made great progress. A shame you had to unpick it. I once started a piece with the fabric the wrong way round but was lucky it just fitted with a small border. I have no idea why I did it either.

Lynne said...

Oh no! How frustrating for you! You've done well to get back to where you were.

black bear cabin said...

i cant believe you redid it...not sure if i could start over...id be too frustrated :) way to keep it up!