Friday, December 21, 2012

Cross Stitch Update


I actually had a little time to stitch on the angels this week, for the first time this year, and have made a bit of progress, working on the red dress of the central angel.  There are about 20 bazillion shades of red in this dress (realistically, perhaps 8) so it's slow going and quite hard to count. The chart is coloured, so I can't even readily mark what I've done. I'm managing, but not at as quick a pace as normal, even on intricate pieces. 

The photo below isn't the most recent photo I have (for instance, more was done on the bell rope since that photo was taken), but it shows the red dress the best of the previous ones.  Still not well, but you can see there was a lot of white space, and now, not so much.



This next week, it's back to the Winter one - so far, no stitching time, but the weekend promises better things.


2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful and it is nice to see you working on it again. Who knew there were so many shades of red??????

Lynne said...

I think it's coming along beautifully.

Could you photocopy the chart in black and white and mark that with a highlight marker? Just a thought!