Saturday, January 19, 2013

Binding on...


I did several bits of sewing today, despite the morning spent at swimming (Olivia and Alex both have lessons Saturday morning, one after the other, so I usually go and swim myself - I can manage 50 lengths (33m pool, so 50 lengths is about a mile) during their joint lesson time and still have some time to play with Alex after his lesson is done) and the afternoon doing some errands, like having the kids' passport photos taken and getting Geoff and new phone. I made another batik TATW block, which I'll show later, and sorting out some backings from the fabric I bought recently. I pinned a small quilt together to put in my "ready to quilt" pile - the theory there being that if they are there, ready, I am more likely to actually quilt them...  And I made some binding for the these two small quilts, which have been quilted for ages - I hate to look back on the blog to see how long - but have been sitting in a pile. (OK, I had to look - August. Not quite as bad as I thought.)


Of course, the challenge now is actually sewing the binding down, of course - I still have the binding on the big red and white quilt to do as well! I ought to take advantage of the cold weather and sew this binding at night at the moment, while it's cold enough to have a big quilt on my lap...

3 comments:

Diane Kelsey said...

Some great progress being made!

Lynne said...

Wow! You had quite a busy Saturday. Yep, good idea to get the binding on that big quilt before spring arrives.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Everything is looking lovely :)