Saturday, February 16, 2013

Bye-bye strips


Here's another top ready to send off to Project Linus - just a simple strip top, with scrappy strips. The most time consuming part here is of course sorting the strips and sewing them together to make longer strips. 


But as my bag of scrap strips was nearly full last weekend, I decided I really needed to do some work with it. 


After a bit last weekend and a bit today, here's what's left in the bag - just some long black strips. 


And here's the rest of the strips - sorted (and trimmed) by sizes, in quarter inch intervals from 1.25" to 2.5" (smaller ones get trimmed to an inch and put aside for my narrow log cabin leaders and enders) and sewn together in long strips to make it easier and quicker to sew into a strippy top.  I may do another one tomorrow - it will be much quicker, as the strips are already sewn into longer strips!

3 comments:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

I really like the strippy top. It is really pretty and the colors. Love the colors!

Lyndsey said...

Love your strippy top and the organisation looks perfect.

Lynne said...

You are so organised!

Lovely strippy quilt.