Saturday, February 09, 2013

Vicki's Strips


I resisted the temptation to title this post something like "Stripping with Vicki", but of course I can't resist the temptation to mention it at all...   Anyway, among other sewing today, I made this smallish top, using these lovely hand-dyed strips that Vicki brought me when we met up in London a while back. 


 I've not used them before because I wanted to do something which really showed them off, and was stuck for ideas. Finally, today, when I moved them yet again from one place to another, thinking "I must use these for something" I decided to make today the day. And I decided that the best thing to do was to let them speak for themselves... I've used 4" strips of 5 of the 7 pieces. I decided the other two, being less bright and a little less varied in colouring might lose a little zing next to the five I chose, so I've put them aside with my other hand-dyes to use in another project, later. And of course, there are some offcuts of the strips I cut!  But I'm pleased with the resulting little top - it really showcases these dyed pieces - and I'm pleased to have finally put such a nice gift to good use.

8 comments:

sewkalico said...

Looks great! They are awesome strips and the setting is perfect. I found my red dyed fabric from Vicki the other day so maybe I should do something cool with them too!

Vicki W said...

Perfect!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Stripping with Vicki might have skyrocketed your hits, then again... LOL! It is awesome, Kate!

ruthsplace said...

The strips are beautiful and the setting really shows them off.

Lyndsey said...

Awesome quilt top. The backing fabric is cute as well and really sets of the strips.

Lynne said...

They are lovely strips and the chosen layout really does showcase them!

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful! I rather like the Stipping with Vicki idea ;-)

Angela said...

This is lovely! I have some of Vicki's beautiful fabric too, I must get to using it once I'm moved and my sewing machine is back up :)