Thursday, April 11, 2013

A few V&A textiles...


A trip to the V&A always includes some interesting textiles, and our visit on Tuesday was no exception. We went up specifically to see the David Bowie exhibition, but of course had some time for other poking around.  My favourite textile find this time was these embroidered panels (I only photographed a few), which I'd never seen before, or never fully noticed, anyway, and which I love.  The story behind them is below...







There were a number of small embroideries as well, though many were hard to photograph as they were all behind glass and often in darkish rooms - this one came out nicely, though. 


These were part of a garment...



...and some other bits and pieces. As I said, always some lovely things to discover!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You know that the V&A is my favorite place on Earth and rumor has it that the historical costumes will be here in Richmond at the VMFA later this year!

Lynne said...

I was in London in 1983 for about eighteen days and never once entered the V&A. We kept saying we would go when it rained -- but it never did! The only time we saw rain in England was the day we visited York!