Monday, April 15, 2013

Blocks in waiting


I periodically take stock of the various piles of blocks I have hanging around waiting to be made into quilt tops - hadn't done it in a while, so thought it was about time. I haven't added a lot to it in the past few weeks, but there are still quite a few things I can use.  And of course, the chances that I will make more blocks in future are fairly high...

First off is this set of 11" (finished) blue and cream log cabins - there are 16 of these, so they will make a large baby quilt or small lap quilt. 


There are also 16 of these green and purple log cabins - they are only 10"finished, but again, a baby or lap quilt.


These scrappy log, free-form log cabins are 8"finished and there are quite a few of them - I keep using them up, but they still seem to be hanging around. Funny how that works. I am down to 61 of them, as I recently used some of them to make...


20 QST units (7" UF) from some of the log cabins and some hand-dyed squares of fabric. 


I have a number of bordered string blocks - 20 8" blocks bordered in neutral fabrics, 


30 of the same size, bordered in black, 


and 38 (not sure why that number) bordered in coloured fabrics - mostly TOT, but some with a little more variety to them.


Then there are these blocks - 48 small log cabin blocks with hand-dyed triangles - half leaning left and half right.



These are my  recent leaders and enders project - 41 (again, I apparently can't count) of these blocks, which are approximately 7.5" unfinished, though I'm sure some will need trimming.


And finally, there are the 39 6x9 low volume hearts I won in the block lotto last month, which I will need something to do with...

5 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Oh, you've got some fun blocks there to play with!

sewkalico said...

Gosh and there I am using 4 blocks at a time to make a wall hanging lol

Needled Mom said...

Wow!!! You can have fun for awhile with those. I still love those low volume hearts!

Lynne said...

A set of blocks for whatever mood you're in! LOL

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, that looks like lots of fun to play with! I especially love those low volume heart blocks...