Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Big Flock of Birds


I should probably buy some lottery tickets, as I seem to be going through a run of good luck -


I have won the block lotto twice now, in three months.


And this time, I only made one bird, so I had a single chance in the drawing.


Don't get me wrong, I liked the low-volume hearts that I won in February, but these birds I more than like - 


I adore them. 


I haven't received quite all of mine yet - I think about 4 or 5 more sets to come - 


but aren't the ones I have so far wonderful?


Every time I open a new package, I have a new favourite.


Though I have to say, I really like the legs on the top one in this photo - black and white stripes - very cool.   It may not be my favourite birds, but I think he has my favourite legs.


Somewhere, too, there's the one that I made for the lotto, which I am keeping to add to the flock. 

9 comments:

Michelle L. Momof11 said...

Very cute blocks....I totally missed out on the past few months getting ready for my daughter's May 4th wedding. I still haven't had a day to just relax....unless you count sitting in a hospital room with my son post jaw surgery. Hoping life will settle down a bit soon! Congratulations on your lotto wins!

Michelle L. Momof11 said...

Cute blocks! I have missed the lotto totally the past several month, getting ready for my daughter's May 4th wedding, and still haven't had a day to just relax since. Maybe soon, but not holding my breath....right now sitting in my son's hospital room. He had jaw surgery yesterday....just waiting for doctor to come in and say go home!

sewkalico said...

You lucky duck!

Lynne said...

Woo-hoo! how exciting!

Cindy Is Crafty said...

They are flockin' fabulous! :O)

ruthsplace said...

I saw you won them. Lucky you, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Needled Mom said...

You SHOULD buy that lottery ticket. Those are darling!

LynneP said...

These are really FUN blocks. Lucky you!

black bear cabin said...

Those are totally cute! i want some :)
i tried to find the pattern for them on the block lotto, but i must not be searching in the right place...can you send me the link to the pattern for those birds please...i want to make some!
and congrats on all your lotto luck!