Thursday, May 30, 2013

Black, white & bright baby quilt


I've started another project - I mentioned it the other day - but this time at least it's for something specific, with a specific deadline. It's a baby quilt; beyond that, I'm not saying just yet. I bought these two black and white prints at Farnham Maltings in January with the intention of using them in a baby quilt (or two - although I may use the leftovers for the back of the quilt). 


As the gender of this particular baby is as-yet-unknown I decided to go with something colourful but neutral. I chose these two lizard prints as a starting point, and of course, decided to make log cabin blocks. You probably wouldn't expect anything else from me!


Here are the other colours I pulled out to go with the lizards in the end.  And yes, "stripey" does count as a colour group in this quilt!

No comments: