Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Cross stitch update


Lots of progress on this little guy this week - including a lot of the (rather boring) green lawn. I am using DMC subsitute colours on this piece, and notice that the green stems and leaves in the flowers doesn't really contrast much with the grass, so I think I might unpick just those small bits and stitch with something darker. it's only 20 stitches or so in each flower, I think worth doing!  There's probably one more week's work here, unless I get really productive (or really busy) so I'll soon be able to move on to the next installment of The Flock, which I have waiting. But next week, back to the irises...

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I really find the solid color stitching boring too. I am working on that part on my Christmas stocking right now. It doesn't hold your attention long. I agree that the green would be better in more contrast. It will be worth it in the end.

Lyndsey said...

I agree too much area of one colour is boring to work on but it does let you do other things while you sew e.g. watch TV or talk to family. I was working on a piece with lots of two or three stitches then change colour. I really had to concentrate. I think it will be worth unpicking the flower stems and using a darker green for more contrast.