Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Cross stitch update


It's been a while since I worked on this piece, but as I had finished the Spring Sampler and had one evening left before my tradtional, self-imposed, switching over day of Wednesday, I decided to have a go at the latest installment of this piece. As the installments are quite small, I knew I could get a good chunk stitched, even if I only had one evening...   I worked on the bird with the spirally tail - he's almost done now, except for beak, eye, legs and filling in the little heart. There is also a bit of branch and a word, a small section of top border, and a round design at the top border. None of this will take long to finish, when I next pick it up.  This summer, when I am away on holiday, I probably won't take two pieces to switch between, which will be a little odd - of course, I probably won't get as much stitching done either, as I mainly do it when I am sitting watching telly, and I won't do much of that on holiday. Though I'll do more sitting around chatting, so I might stitch quite a bit at those times!  Anyway, back to the irises for the next week, and then I will finish this and start one of the little sheep virtues - really looking forward to those - they are very cute.



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love the pink with this stitching. It is a cute project.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is beautiful! I love the stitching design with that background fabric :)