Sunday, June 02, 2013

Exciting binding


(notice how I resisted a play on the word "spell-binding"?)  Most of what I did in today's small amount of sewing time, I can't actually show, as it's the quilting on the Cotton Robin, which I have to mail to its owner by the 10th of June (nothing like leaving things until the last minute).  It took me quite a while to work out how I wanted to quilt it, but the actual quilting is pretty quick. I just have a little bit more to do in the borders and then I'm done - of course I have to binding it as well, but it's little, so that won't take long.  I'll try to take a photo which won't give things away to use as the sneak peek, if I remember, but in the meantime, here's a look at the other thing I did today - make and attach the binding for the Splash of Lime quilt (the binding fabric is what I used on the back, as it happens). Now to get it all sewn down...

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Pretty color on the binding, but I like the little snippet of quilting I see too.