Saturday, March 08, 2014

Novelty log cabins


So, in order to get rid of some of those strips overfilling that bag yesterday, here's where I decided to go with them - some log cabin blocks with novelty centres - the centres also from the scrap basket. I cut the centres in whatever size seemed appropriate (but nothing bigger than 6") and then started adding strips. I didn't worry about the width, as long as they were wider than 1" and narrower than 3".  


Aren't they cute? They aren't stitched together yet, of course, but that will be a project for some other time - I'm in the block making cycle of my scrapmania...


And here's what the strip bag looks like now - ok, it's still about half full - these are the wider-than-3" strips and those strips that were too short to use on the log cabin blocks. Yes, it means more stripping in my future, but not for a little while at least.

3 comments:

ruthsplace said...

Great use for the strips.

Julierose said...

Loving your "novelty" log cabins with scrappy logs! Hugs, Julierose

Needled Mom said...

That's such a great idea and they look wonderful.