Sunday, March 09, 2014

Teal Courthouse Steps


As the colour of the month at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is teal or aqua blue, the other day I dug out some blues which fit into this category (most of my blues don't, but there were a handful) and made some courthouse steps blocks with them, and some neutrals (another thing I have a lot of, but in small pieces, which means their usefulness is limited to certain types of quilts). Of course, I haven't sewn them together yet, they are just lurking, as blocks, in my basket of sets of blocks. 


As a quilter, I seem to work cyclically - I will make and accumulate lots of sets of blocks, then work my way through those blocks, stitching them into tops, then either finish (ha!), set aside or giveaway the tops and then start again. At the moment, I'm in the accumulating blocks stage.  Perhaps April will be the month of putting blocks into tops (we do have 2 weeks of holiday at Easter, so I foresee lots of sewing time, even allowing for going places, if the weather is decent).

5 comments:

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

Hi Kate
I love seeing your prolific productions! I've wondered what size your baby quilts tend to be, and now seeing the gorgeous log cabin and courthouse steps blocks if you work to specific size.
Thanks, Karen in Cape Town.

Vicki W said...

I love the blue with tan.

Needled Mom said...

Those look beautiful!

Julierose said...

I love these blocks--all kinds of log cabins are my very favorite and one of the 1st quilts I ever made...nice work!! Hugs, Julierose

Angela said...

These look so pretty, I love the colour combination