Friday, April 11, 2014

Fixed!


One of the things I did today was fix something, rather than sewing something completely new. Every time I looked into my basket of tops waiting to go to charity quilts, I was annoyed by this top, so I decided to take the borders off and add a little plain border between the centre and the outside. I didn't have any more of the hand-dyed fabric used in the border, so I just trimmed the inside section down a little and made the plain border very narrow.  Definitely an improvement; I feel much better about it now!


5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow, that did make a difference!

Sarah Craig said...

It's amazing how much that tiny border improves the quilt - now it looks like the patchwork part is floating on that beautiful hand-dyed fabric! Nice work!!

Needled Mom said...

It's amazing what a difference it makes.

anne bebbington said...

What a difference a little grey line makes - good shout!

Marei said...

The little "stop" border was just what this top needed. Now the patchwork center really gets to shine.