Monday, July 07, 2014

Cotton Robin - my starter


Now that Julie has done the Big Reveal, I can show my part(s) of this year's Cotton Robin - first up, the little quilt which I received at the end of the swap - lovely, isn't it?  This is the block which I sent off as a starter - it's one which I received from my friend Sophie a while back as a hostess gift (I think - hopefully Sophie will correct me if I'm mistaken, as she usually reads my blog!). It's a nice block - and great because it's something I wouldn't make myself, having little patience for diamonds, but it's been sitting around for a while because I just didn't know what to do with it.  When this round of the Cotton Robin came up, it occurred to me that it was a perfect size to work as a starter. And am I glad I did!


1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

A gorgeous gift and it's a fab finish too